Yep — I’m jumping on that single girl’s bandwagon! The only love I need today is from myself. If you’re struggling, here are some of my favorite ways to show myself some love!
- Write! I’m fortunate to actually get paid to write about some of my favorite things! However, even when I’m not on the clock I love to spend some time writing about something new or something I’m interested in — whether it’s on my blog or in my personal journal.
- Smile at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself something really positive! I don’t mean saying something like “you’re pretty.” Say something heartfelt and something that you actually mean to just remind yourself of how amazing you are.
- Eat the food! Eat something you love. Whether that’s cake or kale — treat yourself to something that will make you smile.
- Take a bath and take along your favorite book. There’s nothing that makes me feel more relaxed and at peace than a nice warm bath and a good book. Maybe even treat yourself to a glass of your favorite champagne if you’re feeling fancy?
- Buy yourself flowers. I have never received flowers as a gift from a man. I have bought myself flowers simply because I thought they were pretty or they smelled nice. Buy yourself a bouquet of your favorite flowers and display them in your home.
- Do something you love. This one’s simple, right? Do something that makes YOU happy. Treat yourself to the things you enjoy.
- Smile. There are studies out there that show making yourself smile might actually make you happier. However, it’s not really proven – but what do you have to lose?
Happy Valentines day.
Show yourself the love you deserve!